Club Penguin Hotel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Penguin Hotel

HomePortal*GalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official RPG Guide!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Peterjr1
Founder
Founder
Peterjr1

Male
Number of posts : 256
Faviorate server : chinook
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Character sheet
Credits: 2270
Infractions:
Life:
The Official RPG Guide! Left_bar_bleue1000/1000The Official RPG Guide! Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

The Official RPG Guide! Empty
PostSubject: The Official RPG Guide!   The Official RPG Guide! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:05 pm

So, you're asking what an RPG is? Simple, an RPG means Role Playing Game.Club Penguin is an example of an RPG, where you change things that happen in the game by buying clothes, saying things, and it goes on.Because it is a multi-player game, it is called and MMORPG, but let's not talk about that right now!

Now, a Text-Based RPG is a bit different.In a TBRPG, you basically make a character, with it's own personality, and afew of their qualities.The person who makes the RPG controls the largest things that happen-usually with user permission first-to set the plot how they want it to be.

Now, let's get to making an RPG!First, make sure you set a distinct plot, approve all characters, and set up a system that will stop general spam or pointless posts.

I. Setting a Plot

Setting your plot is easy-just think of where it takes place, how the community works, and so on!For example, you could do an RPG where Club Penguin was invaded, and you could join the RPG on one of two sides.You choose the side that fits you, but I highly suggest you don't say anything like "We always win!" or "Our side wins, and you lose!".That is really unfair and it ruins the RPG.You just keep fighting until the creator unleashes ultimate power, or whatever he wants.Does this make sense?

II. Character Approval

The best method is to make a form that players must fill out and post, which you approve.Keep characters set properly(don't have one side of an army or something overflowing!) and always make sure characters aren't too powerful.That ruins the fun of the RPG.Give your character a nice social life, a good history, and make him/her a detailed character!You are the creator, so you control the actions of your character.You are also free to choose its gender-Male or Female.

III. Systems

A good system to use is the "OORPG" and "IRPG" system-if someone posts to fill out a form, ask a question, or ask anything else off-topic related, then they must say OORPG(Out of RPG).If they're saying something in the RPG, then IRPG.Make sure you say both if you really do need to say both so people understand where you're going at!

Also, you might want to make it illegal to kill another player or make a major change like that without permission of the RPG owner and the person planned to be killed.Otherwise, it's pretty unfair.I really suggest you don't say things like "I robbed and kidnapped this guy." or "I killed him and ate him, hahaha!".You should follow the main point of the RPG instead of killing the fun for someone.By the way, make sure no one else takes control of your character.Tell the creator right away if this happens(OORPG).

Those general guidelines should get you started on your way to making an awesome RPG!Look at others RPG's if you need an example.They should have a good plot, storyline, character line, and you should just have fun.I really hope this helps everyone! Very Happy

Oh, if you would like to see one of the most popular RPG's on CPP(made by me!), click the link below.It is a fantastic example of what your RPG should be like, but don't steal someone elses RPG or make another version of it.
Back to top Go down
https://cphotel.forumotion.net
Gary Bob
Gary Bob

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Character sheet
Credits: 1000
Infractions:
Life:
The Official RPG Guide! Left_bar_bleue1000/1000The Official RPG Guide! Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: The Official RPG Guide!   The Official RPG Guide! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:09 pm

to long cant be botherd to read it
Back to top Go down
Peterjr1
Founder
Founder
Peterjr1

Male
Number of posts : 256
Faviorate server : chinook
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Character sheet
Credits: 2270
Infractions:
Life:

PostSubject: Re: The Official RPG Guide!   The Official RPG Guide! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 12:11 pm

well if you are going to make an rpg you must post saying you read it Wink
Back to top Go down
https://cphotel.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official RPG Guide!   The Official RPG Guide! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official RPG Guide!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Club Penguin Hotel :: General General Chat :: Role play-
Jump to: